Saturday, August 22, 2009

Let Me Count the Ways...

Cream Check Lace Woven Scarf, Burberry

Crocodile Scarf, YSL

Blue Hera Silk Scarf, Liberty of London

I love the way women wear their scarves. It says so much about a person or their mood- doubled-folded, knotted around the neck, thrown carelessly about the shoulders, tied onto a Birkin, and so on. Liberty, my favorite London department store, has one of the most impressive stocks I've ever seen. And as Liberty has always been praised for their prints- everyone from Cacheral to Topshop has used their archive- it only makes sense that their collection would be the best around. When I visited a couple months ago, I had a chance to see their renovated scarf room. Yes, a scarf room. Hold me now. They carry everyone from little known British designers to Givenchy to twillies made from their famous fabrics. Ah, indecision!

Images from Liberty.co.uk

No comments: