Monday, January 26, 2009

Fashion Show, Fashion Show, Fashion Show at Lunch!




The couture shows are my favorite part of the year.  For me, they represent not so much the industry of fashion, but the idea of fashion.  Couture is creativity and inspiration at their peak. And considering that the last RTW season wasn't the most exciting I remember, though it certainly had its highs in designers like Marc Jacobs and Calvin Klein, I am especially thirsty for vision.  

Normally, I'm not the biggest fan of Armani Prive.  Whenever someone mentions it I immediately think of Anne Hathaway in some bland strapless number with an updo and huge earrings.  However, I was pleasantly surprised to see the above gowns.  Sure- the lacy thing was just done (impeccably by Prada) but I like this take because it feels a little harder and three-dimensional. The sand-dollar effect on the silver gown is romantic without going too far, perhaps because of the material's peek-a-boo quality. 

Unfortunately, some of Armani's more obvious, Eastern-inspired pieces harshed my buzz.  

All images from Style.com.

No comments: