Monday, August 25, 2008

Neglect to Spritz at Your Own Peril


Since I can remember, I've always worn perfume.  I don't have a signature scent, but choose to rotate through a few favorites.  The important thing is not to forget SOME type of fragrance in the morning.  It's not because of BO or men or vanity (though I'm plenty vain), but rather because of superstition.  Imagine how surprised I was when I was transcribing an interview with Aaron de Mey and he spoke about his mother having the same belief.  After all, Chanel once said, "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future."

But it wasn't until today, when I read the interview with Lagerfeld in the UK Times that I decided maybe us crazies know what we're talking about.

Lagerfeld says as only he can, "I have no problem with journalists— many are friends.  Only if they are really stupid, or if they've got bad breath, or if they smell.  Yesterday I had a problem.  I said, 'I'm sorry, you've got to tell this woman that she needs to be taken away.  Her smell is not possible.'"

So help me God, I will never be that woman.

No comments: